ClassicLiquid Joint Seal 600cc
Clean joint thoroughly and ensure that no oil, grease, silicone or wax contaminants are present.
For most applications primer is not required unless onto a very porous or friable surface, if primer required use ClassicLiquid Primer.
Bond area surfaces thoroughly to avoid the possibility of air bubbles being blown into the uncured product if the substrate temperature rises.
On applications where the depth of the expansion joint exceeds the width then it is necessary to use an open cell polyurethane backing rod (of suitable size) to ensure a firm backing to the Joint Mastic against which it can be tooled off.
Slide the 600cc foil cartridge into the application gun, cut off the very end of the sealant packaging and fit the gun with the nozzle that has been cut to deliver the right bead size for the given application.
Extrude the Joint Mastic into the joint ensuring that no air is trapped in the joint. Wide joints may well require more than one pass of the application gun to ensure full contact of the Joint Mastic with the sides and bottom of the joint.
Tooling of the Joint Mastic is recommended immediately after application of the sealant to ensure that all air bubbles are excluded and a smooth finish provided if other products are being applied over.
Recommended For Sealing Joints in:
- In situ concrete
- Expansion concrete plates
- Precast panels
- Brick and block work
- Water tanks
- Metal frames
- Aluminium windows and panels
- Water tanks and swimming pools
- Sealing between T&G joints in OSB3 T&G structural roof decks
Features and Benefits
- Excellent adhesion to almost any surface
- Excellent extrusion, tooling and storage stability over a wide range of climatic conditions
- Excellent chemical resistance, suitable for sealing joints in swimming pools and chemically treated water
- Low modulus, joint movement accommodation 50%
- Microorganism and fungus resistant
- Application underwater immersion possible
- Excellent resistance to heat >600C and will remain flexible down to -400C
SKU CL-Joint Mastic Weight (kg) 1.0000 Brand Name ClassicLiquid Roofing System ClassicLiquid Delivery Lead Time 1 Working Day